RefWorks allows users to create personal databases and use
them for a variety of research activities. References are
quickly and easily imported from text files or online
databases. The databases can then be used to manage, store,
and share the information. Users can automatically insert
references from their database into their papers and generate
formatted bibliographies and manuscripts in seconds.
- Organize and create a personal database online no more
index cards to write out and organize. Everything is done
automatically as you import the reference into RefWorks.
- Format bibliographies and manuscripts in seconds this
saves hours of typing time and decreases the number of
errors in creating tedious bibliographies. Easily make
changes to your paper and reformat in seconds.
- Import references from a variety of databases using the
already created Import Filters.
- Manage Alerts RefWorks has incorporated a RSS feed
reader to allow you to establish links to your favorite RSS
feeds and import data from those feeds directly into
- Searching your RefWorks database is fast and easy
RefWorks automatically creates author, descriptor and
periodical indexes when importing so you just click on the
word to perform the retrieval. Use Quick Search to search
all fields for the most comprehensive results or Advanced
Search to narrow your search to specific terms and fields.
- Program is available from anywhere. Authorized users may
access the program from anywhere at anytime - no extra
charge or tracking hassles.
- Unlimited site-wide access. RefWorks can also be licensed institute wide, making it available to the entire community at your institution - no downloading or installation is needed. Easy to deliver, maintain and support!
- Upgrades Included. All upgrades are included in the
subscription price: no extra charge for new features.
- Instant upgrades. The latest upgrades are loaded on the
RefWorks server; all users automatically have access to the
most recent version.
- Multiple Platform Support. As a
web-based product, RefWorks is available to users across
various platforms including Windows, Mac, Unix etc. Click
here for more compatibility information.
- Researchers – RefWorks is the perfect tool for storing a personal database of research, sharing research with colleagues, and downloading bibliographies in multiple formats.
- Students – RefWorks simplifies the generation of accurate, concise bibliographies, facilitating the research process and guarding against possible plagiarism issues.
- Faculty – RefWorks not only provides research tools for faculty, it also allows them to provide read-only access for class-related bibliographies.
- Librarians – RefWorks is a perfect teaching tool. It facilitates the incorporation of information fluency competencies into the curriculum at all levels.