RefWorks Fundamentals (1.5 to 2 hours)
RefWorks Fundamentals assists users in getting started using RefWorks. Provides users with the tools to add, organize and manage their research and generate a bibliography or reference list using RefWorks.
- Introduction: What is RefWorks?
- Creating An Account And Logging In
- Navigating RefWorks
- Importing References into your Database
- Manually Adding References
- Searching Online Databases/Catalogs from within RefWorks
- Organizing , Managing And Searching Your References
- Three Methods For Creating Your Bibliography
RefWorks Advanced Features (1.5 hours)
RefWorks Advanced Features expands on the fundamentals and provides users with a
deeper knowledge of the features and functionality RefWorks offers.
- Advanced Features And Lookups
- Viewing, Printing And Sorting References
- Editing Multiple References
- My List
- Additional Methods for Importing References
- Capturing Data From A Web Page With RefGrab-It
- Using RefWorks RSS Feed Reader To Import Data
- Checking For Duplicates
- Using The Output Style Preview Utility
- Working Offline
- Backing Up Your Database
RefShare (1 hour)
Demonstrates the options available to users who wish to share their data and also
how to navigate a shared folder or database.
- What Is RefShare?
- Sharing Your Folder Or Database
- Navigating a Shared Folder Or Database
RefWorks Administrative Module (1.5 to 2 hours)
The RefWorks Administrative Module allows you to track usage and to customize your RefWorks subscription for your user community.
- Usage Summary Report
- Account Activity/Inactivity
- Subscriber Information
- Set Preferences
- Site Wide Output Styles
- Site Wide Z39.50 Sites
- Custom Email
- Custom Focus Areas
- Managing RefShare
RefWorks Train-the-Trainer (2 hours)
Works with your staff to prepare them for conducting RefWorks training sessions
- Train-the-Trainer toolkit review
- Practice Training Exercises
- Tips and Suggestions